Bamboo fabric is the future material, offering sustainability and comfort. It is an innovative fabric gaining popularity in the baby clothing industry. Every parent wants to keep their little one safe, and bamboo is a material that is safe for your baby and excellent for their skin.
This includes swaddling them in soft and sustainable fabrics that can help them to stay dry and free from rashes. From bamboo pajamas to shirts and all types of apparel, it is the ultimate fiber that can change how you perceive sustainable clothing.
Bamboo is a natural fiber that can be grown without harmful pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers. Bamboo fabrics have been tested and proven anti-bacterial, so you don’t have to worry about your little one getting sick.
Bamboo has emerged as an alternative eco-material for all consumer goods over the last few years, from bowls to cutlery, bedsheets to curtains, and baby clothes. Some findings show that bamboo can even destroy bacteria.
You may be surprised, but bamboo clothing only gets softer with every wash, whereas every fabric gets worn out. You will be investing in a better material every time you wash it.
Why Wear Bamboo Baby Clothes?
Some of the significant benefits of bamboo clothing are the comfort and safety of these garments. Parents are more or less highly inclined towards making all the special purchases just right for their baby. The main idea is to make sure that your clothes are healthy enough for you to wear them.
Choosing bamboo pajamas for your baby could be the ultimate solution for your little one to sleep well throughout the night. Bamboo is the perfect material because it has natural properties to keep your baby warm in cold weather and cool when it’s hot outside. It is very breathable, making bamboo footies and rompers the best!
Here are some of the considerable advantages of bamboo clothing which includes:
- SUSTAINABILITY OF THE MATERIAL: Bamboo is a highly fast-growing and resilient plant, requiring very little water and pesticides to cultivate. This makes it an eco-friendly alternative to cotton and other traditional crops. The idea behind this innovation was to stand out through sustainability.
- SOFTNESS OF THE FABRIC: With a similar feel to cashmere, the fabric is known for its softness. Bamboo fibers are incredibly soft, making bamboo clothing very comfortable. Many people find that it has a similar feel to silk or cashmere. It makes the fabric easy to trust when it comes to baby clothing.
- MOISTURE-WICKING PROPERTIES: Bamboo fibers have natural moisture-wicking properties, which help to keep the wearer cool and dry, making them an excellent option for activewear and summer clothing. Traditional fabrics like polyester or nylon can be uncomfortable when your baby gets too hot and sweaty. Bamboo clothing is highly absorbent and can wick off any excess moisture, which makes it great for kids and toddlers.
- BREATHABILITY OF THE MATERIAL: For someone with all skin problems and easy irritation, this natural fiber is excellent for keeping your skin cool and comfortable. Bamboo fibers are naturally breathable, which helps to regulate body temperature, making them a perfect option for all-season wear. From utilization in everyday wear to indulging in comfort throughout the day, the notion is to ensure the passage of air.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: The natural element of this fabric makes it great for all people with susceptible skin that gets irritated easily. Bamboo fibers are naturally hypoallergenic, which makes bamboo clothing an excellent option for people with sensitive skin or allergies.
- DURABLE FIBER: Bamboo fibers are naturally strong, so bamboo clothing can withstand wear and tear and last for a long time. The durability of this fiber allows it to withstand more without tearing or loosening up.
- BIODEGRADABLE: Bamboo fibers are biodegradable, so when bamboo clothing reaches the end of its useful life, it can be broken down by microorganisms in the soil, reducing the burden on landfills.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Bamboo fiber is an incredibly sustainable resource that is eco-friendly. It grows in many climates, matures quickly, and can be harvested and processed with minimal environmental effects.
- STRETCHABLE MATERIAL: The best part about bamboo clothing is its unique qualities, where you can stretch your fabric to a reasonable extent. It also holds its shape naturally, making it the perfect material to allow your baby to stay moving without damaging their clothing.
- NATURALLY UV RESISTANT: You will be surprised to know how multipurpose this fabric is because it is also offering UV resistance. Bamboo clothing can protect their skin from UPF 20-50+, reducing the risk of sunburn and skin damage. There is no other material that provides the same properties as bamboo.
It should be noted that many people in the fashion and textile industry claim not all bamboo textile is created equal, and to check if the bamboo textile you are looking at is made of bamboo pulp or if it is rayon, a viscose material created from dissolving pulped bamboo and other plant-based materials. This directly impacts the friendliness and quality of the fabric.